The following scholarship programs were developed by Skyland grain LLC to demonstrate its commitment to the communities of Southwest Kansas, South Central Kansas, Panhandle of Oklahoma, and Southeast Colorado.
Details on how to apply for the College Scholarship Program are shown below.
College Scholarship Program
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTSThe scholarships are available for students attending a two or four year college. The student must be a graduating senior who is involved in pursuing an agricultural or business related education.
PROGRAM CONDITIONSTo be eligible for consideration for these scholarships, students must provide the following:
- Have a cumulative seventh semester GPA of at least 3.25 on a 4.0 scale
- Have minimum ACT composite score of 20 or SAT-I combined score of 1020
- A one-page essay responding to the statements listed below:
- Discuss your future educational and career goals.
- Describe examples of your leadership experience in which you have significantly influenced others and helped resolve conflicts. Consider responsibilities to initiatives taken in or out of school.
- Completed application to include Guidance Counselor Section.
- A letter of reference from a school official (counselor, teacher, principal, club sponsor etc.)
- Be a resident of our service area in Southwest Kansas, South Central Kansas, Panhandle of Oklahoma, and Southeast Colorado.
DESCRIPTION OF SCHOLARSHIP AWARD AND PAYMENT OF FUNDSRecipients have the opportunity to receive up to $4,000.00 during their four year college education. The funds will be distributed equally ($1,000.00) each continuous academic school year with the initial funds distributed with recipient providing a copy of their college enrollment form to:
Skyland Grain, LLC
PO Box 280
Johnson, KS 67885
Then, prior to the beginning of each school year thereafter the recipient will provide a copy of their college enrollment form and a copy of previous year’s GPA of 2.5 or greater to be eligible for scholarship funds for the upcoming academic school year.
APPLICATION DEADLINEApplications must be postmarked or in the counselor office by April 1. Click Here to download an application.